Since 2015, the Grand Longwy Tourist Office has the certification « Tourism and Disability » ensuring a quality welcome, adapted to the specific requirements of people with disabilities (hearing impairment, mental handicap, motor disability and visual impairment).
The Grand Longwy Tourist Office decided the following initiatives :
- Spontaneous individual assistance, tailored to the needs, is offered to all customers with disabilities.
- People working at the reception desk are trained to assist people with disabilities.
- Seasonal workers are made aware of our customized services and of the reception of people with disabilities.
- The documentation is understandable, easily identified and clearly presented, on upright racks.
- Documents in Braille (tactile reading and writing system for use by the blind or visually impaired).
- A list of services for disabled tourists is available (document with enlarged characters).
- A special table is available for people in a wheelchair.
- Several seats are at the disposal of disabled people to rest.
- For visually impaired people, a magnifying glass is attached to the reception desk.
- A hearing aid system (magnetic loop, combined amplifier) is offered.
- ACCEO, specialized communication platform, is available (with computer, webcam and internet connexion). ACCEO operators translate, interpret, transcribe or code verbal exchanges between hearing-impaired people/deaf people and the people working at the reception.
- A bell is attached to the entrance door of the tourist office, for people with disabilities who want to signal their presence.
- A marked lane runs from the disabled parking spot to the reception desk.
- Four electric scooters are available for disabled people, during the guided tours of the fortifications in Longwy.
- Toilets for mobility-impaired people are located in the street « Artistide Briand » in Longwy Haut.