The Cussignière marsh
Straddling the Franco-Belgian border, it extends over 25 hectares between the villages of Musson in Belgium, Gorcy and Ville-Houdlémont in France.
You will meet Grey Buzzards, Marsh Harriers, Whinchat, Spotted Crake, Common Snipe...
And a magnificent hedge of blackthorn, aspen, willow, hazelnut...
Close to the old railway line linking Gorcy (France) to Baranzy (Belgium)
Get in touch:
- Mr. Joseph SOQUAY
- The natural and ornithological reserves in Belgium (RNOP)
- Tel. +32 81 830 570 / +32 63 677 894
Theme of the tour "the mines of Saint-Pancré"
A thematic walking tour (the “strong iron” ore) with 15 information panels leading through a forest with various karstic landscapes. It is a proof of intense human activity during the pre-industrial era of iron and steel industries.
Location: Saint-Pancré on the communal road from Cosnes-et-Romain to Saint-Pancré
- Length 6 kms. uneven ground, not suggested in rainy weather.
- Info and map: Saint-Pancré Town Hall and Tourist Office of the Longwy Region
- Internet: www.ifrance.com/minieres