The Majorelle Stained-glass windows
Maison de la Formation – Espace Jean Monnet – 54810 Longlaville
The former Head Office of the Longwy Steelworks, now the Maison de la Formation (Professional Training Center), is home to a priceless treasure: the "Majorelle Stained-glass windows".
Created in 1928 by Louis Majorelle, the Art-Deco style stained glass windows are classified as Historical Monuments.
The stained glass windows illustrate the steel industry theme: "the steel worker at work".
Discovery of the four levels respectively representing an overview of the plant, the steel mill and the rolling mill, the blast furnace and the plant fumes.
Discovery of a steel factory model.
- Duration: 1h30
- Groups: Minimum 10 people
- Open year round with advance booking, at least one week before
- Price : 6 € per person
Get in touch:
- Tel. +33 (0)3 82 24 94 54
You will discover the mining facilities and the equipment used at the time.
A re-enactment of the different phases of the mechanized work will be performed with machines that are still in good working order.
- Duration: 2-hour
- Groups: Minimum 30 people
- Period: year round with booking - depending on guides’ availability
Prices: please consult us
Get in touch:
- Hussigny Town Hall - 1 rue Maréchal Foch 54590 Hussigny
- Tel. France: +33 (0)3 82 44 40 16 / +33 (0)3 788 177 585
- Tel. Luxembourg: +352 621 149 700 / +352 691 714 764
- Internet: http://mine-hussigny.de
- GPS location: 49°29'51.10''N - 5°52'16.00''E